Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Latest list building idea

My previous lists included troops because they were required but grots don't contribute  anything beyond holding an objective , acting as a meat shield for SAGs, or mobile cover.

This is my attempt at making a troop focused list.

1495 Useful troops

125 warboss, bike, klaw, Da finkin kap, BP
50 Painboy
385 Nob Biker Mob, 3 PK, 3 BC, banner, bp
340 29 ard boys, Nob w/BP & PK
70 10 Shoota boyz
70 10 Shoota boyz
64 18 grots w/runtherd and hound
140 10 Lootas
140 10 Lootas
111 5 Lobbas, 3 gretchin, 4 runts

A squad of 30 ard boyz might be a liability, but I think with a painboy, they'll be pretty hard to remove, especially with the nob bikers absorbing the first wave of fire.  Importantly, I think that they'll also distract from the lootas and lobbas.

The shoota boyz strategically provide some firepower, but are there to hold objectives and hopefully live long enough to make a difference.

Warlord traits can really help this list.  I'm rolling on Strategic (with re-rolls) and hoping to get master of ambush to infiltrate 3 units (nobz & ard boyz primarily.).  Roll Da Finkin' Kap trait first and if I get MoA then I will roll on Command or maybe double down in Strategic since there are so many good things there.

Heavy armor is going to be a problem.  There are few ork lists that don't have a problem with it in general.  The Nobz will make a beeline for any Land Raider it sees.  The Warboss can split off to take on 2 heavy targets at once, which I would want against Astra Militarum or Waveserpent lists.  Necron lists are going to be a problem.  I'm going to need to rely on assault with their AV13 vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment