Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hobby progress 2014

I really rocked 2014 in terms of painting.  I completed almost an entire army (daemons) and made a lot of progress with Grey Knights, orks, and even did some terrain:

Grey Knights/Inquisition
My henchmen are mostly complete.  I still have crusaders to paint, but I'm not sure how I would even use them, so they aren't a priority.  The GK Purgators and Strikes were completed early on in the year, but I'm reorganizing them.  The Dreadknights were my big project.
  • 3 Jokaero
  • 8 Rifle Acolytes
  • 8 Death Cult Assassins
  • Ordo Malleus Inquisitor
  • Ordo Xenos Inquisitor
  • Vindicaire Assassin
  • 2 Servo Skulls
  • 2 Dreadknights - full build/conversion/paint
  • 10 GK Strike squad (8 swords, 2 Psycannons) - Started in 2013, finally finished
  • Purgation Squad
  • 2 Nemesis Warding Staves, magnetized
  • 1 Nemesis Daemon Hammer, magnetized
  • 1 Nemesis Daemon Halberd, magnetized
  • GK Dreadnought
  • 2 sets Forgeworld Inquisition doors for Stormravens

Orks
Most of the work on the bikers was done in late 2013.  The finishing details took a lot longer than I expected.  I put in extra work on the warboss, which even won me a painting competition.  The lobbas, tankbustas, and grots were new things I bought with the new codex.

  • Warboss on Bike
  • Painboy on Bike
  • Wazdakka
  • Nob Biker mob
  • 12 Gretchin Crew
  • 2 Lobbas
  • 8 Tankbustas

Blood Angels
Most of these were done early in the year when I was still playing them for the titan tournament.  Most of these are just arm swap options that are magnetized.  My Drop Pod is pretty sweet, but I need at least 2 more to be able to use them in any list.
  • BA Drop Pod (death company)
  • BA combi-weapons (4 plasma, 1 melta)
  • BA Librarian weapons (staff, sword, axe)
  • 14 BA SGT Arms
  • 4 meltabombs
  • 2 Dozer blades

Terrain
Mostly this was fixing up the terrain for the shop.  The Imperial Bunker was a lot of fun to use, until they took away casting psychic powers inside and skyfire got nerfed.  I may bring this back with my nemesis strike force detachment to utilize the comms relay.
  • Imperial Bunker
  • Comms Relay
  • Shop Terrain - Dreadstone Blight
  • Shop Terrain – sand stacks
  • Shop Terrain – sand stacks
  • Shop Terrain – pipe ruins
  • Shop Terrain – grey hills

Daemons
I decided in April to pick up Daemons and really rocked them through the fall.  All of the below is fully painted and based and looks fantastic.  I just have some mounted heralds left to paint before my Slaanesh Daemons are complete then I'll do a full picture post.  I have a small contingent of Tzeentch and Nurgle models that I want to add.  The Tzeentch is mostly just for summoning and the Nurgle is mostly for being summoned.
  • Be'Lakor
  • 80 Daemonettes
  • 20 Seekers
  • 4 Slaanesh Heralds
  • 2 Soul Grinders
  • 1 Fiend of Slaanesh (test model)
  • Keeper of Secrets
  • 2 Daemon Princes of Slaanesh
  • Slaanesh Banner & icon arms (magnetized)

Overall, it was a great year.  MY goal for 2015 is to finish up some factions entirely, like my GK, Inquisition, and Daemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment