Friday, January 30, 2015

2015 Painting List

After capping off a great 2014 painting, I would like to continue that trend.  A lot of my enthusiasm for painting was due to my interest in completing my Grey Knights and starting and mostly finishing my Daemons.

So far, in January alone, I've already completed my GK Librarian and Terminator squad along with extra hammers and halberds.  I completed the conversion of one Strike squad to a Purifier squad, redoing the swords in my lightning theme.  The Dreadknight swords were finally finished.  I ended up doing them in the lightning theme as well, which looks fantastic next to all the other models because of the consistency.

Just last night I finished up my custom Ork Kommandos.  I would like to do a post on them because they have a long history and are unique.

Here's what is in the queue currently:

Orks

  • 8 Warbikers - The skin is done, just need to complete the bikes themselves
  • Nob Bikers - I need to redo the highlights on their skin in my new scheme
  • Grukk - The Squig is done as is his skin
  • Mad Dok Grotsnik - Skin done, all the rest to complete
  • 27 Slugga boyz - Tabletop standard only
  • 6 Traktor Kannons -  Need to scratch build these and paint (2x3 squads)
  • 5 Kustom Mega Kannons -  Need to scratch build these and paint
  • 18 Grots - Various crew and ammo runts need to be painted

 

Grey Knights

  • 10 Interceptors - In various stages of painting
  • Various magnetized hammers, swords, and halberds
  • 2 Rhinos/Razorbacks - Mostly painted, just need to finish the details
  • Dreadnought - I already have two done with no plans to use, but might finish just for completeness

 

Inquisition

  • Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor - Primed and ready to paint
  • 2 Priests - Primed and ready to paint
  • 5 Psykers - I don't need more, but I might as well finish them since they don't take long
  • 8 Crusaders - 1 is done.  I still need to affix the brass I got mostly for them

 Daemons

  •  4 Heralds of Slaanesh on mounts - Primed and ready to paint
  • 2 Heralds of Slaanesh on foot  - Primed and ready to paint.  I know I don't need more, but the models are so cool
  • 22 Pink Horrors - Base coat and wash done
  • 3 Tzeentch Heralds (1 on disc) - Pink base coat and wash done
  • 3 Plague Drones - Primed.  I'll do the flies in a black theme
  • 10 Plaguebearers - primed
  • 1 Herald of Nurgle - primed, for summoning
  • 1 Mamon, DP of Nurgle - primed, for summoning a GUO
  • 20 Cultists - built, in case I want to run Be'Lakor as a CSM ally

 

Blood Angels

  • 8 Death Company - Mostly painted, just need to complete
  • 10 Death Company with bolters - primed
  • Relic Scorpius - Primed
  • 2 Stormravens - I use this with both GK and BA.  There are a lot of details to paint remaining.
  • 83 other BA infantry, 13 other BA vehicles - Most of these are 3 years old and many are quite worthless to paint because I can't field them all (assault marines).  I haven't made any decisions on them yet.

Other

  • Callidus Assassin - Primed
  • Eversor Assassin - Primed
  • LotD - Triple melta, primed and ready to paint

Here is a rough purchasequeue

Purchase Queue

  • 10 Pink Horrors - For Summoning goodness
  • Portalglyph - Need to find an appropriate base/model  
  • 5 Fiends - Just so I can run Slaanesh in each slot
  • 9 Screamers - Because they are  pretty dang good
  • Nurglings - dirt cheap, durable troop with objective secured
  • Lord of Change - For summoning, if I can find an appropriate model
  • Culexus Assassin - To complete my assassin quarter
  • LotD - A 2nd squad same as the first
  • More Ork bikes - They have been a stand out for me
  • Meganobz - I'm strongly considering them as an option
  • More GK terminators - 5 seems too few
  • BA Drop Pods - Maybe at least 2 more
  • Renegades and Lost and the Damned might be my next army

No comments:

Post a Comment