Saturday, March 28, 2015

Current Hobby Progress

Current Hobby Progress


I've got a lot of balls in the air now.  I've primed a lot, but run out of black so I'm waiting for my FLGS to order some more black.  The weather hasn't been cooperating with my schedule either.  It's going to take me all year just to paint what I've got queued to prime.


27 Ork boyz - Initially shoota boyz that were ripped off and re-armed with slugga and choppa. Mostly primed already.  I thought it would be too big of a pain to prime just the arms.



8 Tankbustas and 2 Tankbusta Nobz - Pre and post assembly.  I thought my last batch was slick, but these are even better.  Loaded with bits from as many sources as I could find.  They've got bombs and rokkits coming out their asses.


Kommando Nob - He's not shirtless, but with a little camo, will do just fine.



9 Crusaders - The are Bretonnian men-at-arms.  I wanted to use them armed with power halberds (+1S, unwieldy) with the 3++ to go along with the Death Cult Assassins, but never found the right list.  It only took me a few nights to finish them and they look pretty decent.  They were the last of my inquisition troops to finish.


Inquisitor with conversion beamer - I've had the conversion beamer for a few years from Chapterhouse, but never had the right model to complete.  I wanted to use the Titan Princeps but eventually gave up.  Instead this is a "Scientist Thinking" from Moonfleet Miniatures for cheap.  The beamer is actually magnetized and the inquisitorial bits on the side are there to hold it in place.


Dante - His model is old and still finecast.  It would have been nice to get a resculpt with the last codex.  Instead I'm building my own from leftover bits, mostly Sanguinary Guard.  I'm waiting on the backpack to arrive.


Death Company - Bolters successfully ripped off and replaced with a mix of power weapons and a few fists.  A power fist that can't be challenged out is a beast.  The heads are separate because painting them that way is easier.


Lascannon Devastators - Assembled and ready to prime.  I'm favoring these over my old plasma cannon squad because I can't twin link them with prescience anymore.  They outrange then and are better are destroying vehicles and MCs, which I need more than AP2 killing.

Tactical Marine with lascannon - If I have to take tacticals, I'm considering a lascannon for the heavy.  Once I get more pods, then I'll probably go with heavy flamers.

Sternguard - Made from a combination of bits from various sources.  Should be even better than my previous squad.

Magnetized arms - Assault squads are alpha strike units now.  What  better way than dual wielding pistols.  Plus meltabombs because my GK really need them in every squad.

Nurglings - Ready to prime.  I've already started working on the bases.  These are going to look great.  They are unfortunately, so much bigger than the old metal ones.

Pink Horrors and Heralds - 22 Pink horrors, 2 heralds on foot, 1 on a disc.  These look slick as shit.  I'll do a full post once I get the last 11 ordered/painted.

Assassins - Finished the Calidus and Eversor.  I rebased them all with a common theme.  I'll do a full post once I order/paint the Culexus.

Next up to paint
  • Conversion Beamer Inquisitor - This is mostly done already, just finishing up the Beamer itself.
  • Nurgle - 10 Plaguebearers, 3 Plague Drones, 3 Nurglings, Mamon, and a Herald.  I don't feel like it will take me too long.  The basis will be all industrial tech with typhus corrosion and ryza rust everywhere.  It should contrast nicely with the rotting bodies.
  • Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor - Primed and ready to paint.  I don't actually have much use for this model so it might sit a while longer
  • 2 Priests - Primed and ready to paint.  These guys are slick.  If I only had a delivery option for them.
  • 10 Interceptors - This would finish up my Grey Knights. I feel that I should finish them soon, otherwise, they might fall further behind as I've got 5 more Terminators that will go ahead of them in priority.
  • Death Company - Pretty much everything BA needs to be painted or repainted.  I know DC will form the basis for what I want to do, so I should get to them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment