Thursday, July 3, 2014

My Ork collection

First ever 40k match, using AoBR

So far, I've been using generic pictures I pulled from the internet.  My goal this weekend is to start taking pictures of my collection so I can use them in posts instead.

The above picture is from my very first ever game of 40k.  My nephew and I played using the AoBR starter set.  I even painted most everything before we began.  The paint job isn't the best as I believe I only had 5 or 6 colors.  We only had the measuring stick that came with the set and a cheap pocket tape measure.

The terrain is all scratch built by yours truly.  I would like to say that my terrain building skills have improved, but I don't think I've actually made anything since then.


My painting skills have improved, but I thought it was a pretty decent job to get us started at the time.  No washes or dry brushing yet.  The brush I used at the time was huge considering I use a detail brush for base work and a 000 for detail work.  The marines were painted with a very heavy brush and lost a lot of detail.


The boyz got slaughtered by the marines. It was mostly a learning experience anyways.


The big mistake we made was a misreading of the rules.  I thought you only got one attack at AP2 with a klaw.  So the terminators just ran roughshod over the orks.

The first units I bought after AoBR was a painboy in finecast.  Some lootas, warbikers, and boyz were next.  Then I realized the potential of eBay. This was July 2011 and I had about 2000 points by November for my first ever random match at a FLGS, which I won!

No comments:

Post a Comment